Dennis Township Old School House Museum & History Center
Belleplain, Clermont, Dennisville, South Dennis, North West Dennis, Eldora, South Seaville, Ocean View
Dennisville School, now the Msuem DT Museum Logo

Dennis Township Old School House Museum & History Center
Accent image Historic Churches - Page 2 Accent image


accent image  Village Boundaries  accent image

There are no specific set boundary lines for any of the eight villages of Dennis Township!



accent image  Historic Churches - Page 2  accent image


accent image  Ocean View Calvary Baptist Church  accent image


Ocean View Calvary Baptist Church August 1916 Ocean View Calvary Baptist Church      

Ocean View Calvary Baptist Church. The Baptist Church located on Route 9 was the second to be honored on the National Register of Historic Places.



accent image  South Dennis Methodist Church (formerly Baptist) & Union Cemetery  accent image


South Dennis Baptist Church South Dennis Methodist Church formerly Baptist South Dennis Methodist Church June 07, 2016 South Dennis Methodist Church June 07, 2016
South Dennis Methodist Church June 07, 2016 South Dennis Methodist Church June 07, 2016 South Dennis Methodist Church June 07, 2016 South Dennis Methodist Church June 07, 2016

South Dennis Methodist Church (formerly Baptist) - On the corner of the Union Cemetery and School House Lane, once stood a Meeting House originally owned by the Ludlam Family and referred to in early writings as the "Dennis Creek Landing Chapel" and later as "Union Church". This small structure provided early education and a Sunday School which was organized by Methodists and filled many other community needs. Before changing its name to the Union Church it provided services for those of both confederate and northern views prior to the Civil War. It was the first church to permit the use of its building by other denominations.